May 19, 2007

Pulled back in

I don't actually want to do anything with Japanese in a future job (let's put that another way: I don't want a job which is 100% focused on Japan). And for the past two years, since returning from Tokyo, I haven't been looking in this direction at all.

Yet, I keep being pulled back into the Japan-field.

Of course, I ultimately chose to take these opportunities because I think/hope I can use them to my advantage in other ways. And not least because I enjoy them.
But still, it is turning out to be tough to completely step away from Japan.

So, the next two weeks will be spent frantically brushing up my Japanese knowledge on anatomy and the like. *sigh* At least it is a big compliment that the person I will be interpreting for specifically asked for me, right?

No comments: