January 04, 2006

2006: Resurrecting a social life

I seem to have a thing about thinking that I’m not making the most of my time. As in, I should be out and about more, meeting new people, doing a bit more of the so many fun things that are out there.
Okay, put it like this, and it all sounds a bit compulsive obsessive. Luckily, it’s not that bad. I do actually enjoy the stuff I do.

But, the last couple of weeks/months have been a bit too quiet for my own good. So it seems that January is becoming a month of making plans. Which I like.

So far I have added to my agenda since Monday:
* Barcelona! (okay, not really since Monday, but I'm finally reading up on what I'm supposed to go and do there)
* March of the Penguins
* Bad Attitude@SugarFactory
* Michelangelo@Teylers Museum
* Rotterdam Filmfestival
* Kruistochten
* Camp

Yay! Fun!

Now I just need to get my volunteer thingy's started, throw in some social engagement stuff, and oh yeah, get a proper job but this year should be good. (And I'm expecting those new people to come automatically by being out more)

Looks like this newyear’s resolution might actually be working...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are going to A'dam for sugarfactory, you should also check this out--http://www.foam.nl/index.php?pageId=10&tentoonId=40

machiruda said...

Thanks for the tip. That exhibition looks interesting!
I haven't been to FOAM at all yet, so will have to go there next time I'm in the city.

Anonymous said...

To Daniel:Yea, it is. And for me his works are more than very good, they are great! But I have to say we should attribute his success partly to his luckiness, born in a decade full of turbulance, got lost of chances to experience the most important moments in different countries.

To Machiruda:Not only Foam, there is also an exhibition of Bresson's drawings near by,on Vijzelgracht 2A. It's free if you've got the ticket for his photo exhibition. Warn you in advance--After you checking out his drawings, you will find how wise Bresson was when he decided to be a photogragher instead of a painter.:P

machiruda said...

Daniel, you beat me to posting about the NRC article!
Didn't make it to the SugarFactory today but will have to do a photography-tour after Barcelona, me thinks :)