The weekend was fabulous.
Barcelona is an amazing city, the trip was too short (with too long travelling hours) but it felt as if we were away for a much longer time.
A few highlights:
* lunch in the sun under palm trees (at Placa Reial, and in January!)
* cava and oysters as a start of a gorgeous dinner
* Barcelona views from Parc Guell
* dancing and drinking at La Paloma; or, how a ballroom dance event for 40+ aged Barcelonites changes into a packed techno-night in seconds
* and much more: Sagrada Familia, Fondacio Joan Miro, Barri Gotic, El Raval etc etc.
* oh and, on the flight back the sky was clear blue and I spent ages gazing out at the French Alps... Tall mountains, all completely snowed under, breathtaking views that went on forever.
To keep a bit of the Barcelona feeling, I'll be starting in Carlos Ruis Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind.
(and I hope to have pictures up soon too!)