June 02, 2007

On scapula, supraspinatus, latissimus dorsi and more

If I ever come on here asking for advice whether or not to take another interpreting job - tell me not to do it.

I was thinking of getting certified, but unless my Japanese dramatically improves (and I see no reason whatsoever why it should) I really don't want to do this anymore.

The money is nice, but it's just not worth the stress, the anguish, the insomnia, the insecurity and so on in the week preceding and on the days of the job itself.

On the plus side, I do meet interesting and different people but it's just not good enough.

Luckily, tomorrow they will be talking about how to reduce stress so I'll definitely be paying attention! For now, I'm heading to my tv to watch the second part of the video that they sprung on me this morning... Argh.

2 comments:

cheruchan said...

sterkte meis... is het allemaal goed gegaan?

machiruda said...

ja, 'k heb het overleefd. maar geloof dat ik het wel heb gehad met tolken - 't is alle stress gewoon niet waard.