August 01, 2008

Tense

I just almost set my kitchen on fire. Twice.

I don't think I've ever seen such huge flames coming out of a fryingpan and I grew up in a professional kitchen so that means something.

No clue what's going on with me this week.
Everything seems to be going wrong (all little stuff, mind); I'm angry about the tiniest things; I drop everything; etc etc. Not to mention that work is completely chaotic, I don't get anything done, my to-do list is only growing and so on.

At least I took today off and spent a few hours outside, drinking coffee, reading, enjoying the sun - but this kitchen disaster has pretty much driven away that relaxedness!

Oh well. It's the weekend. I have a big trip coming up in a few weeks. And apart from this tenseness life is pretty good I guess. Still. It needs to go away. Any tips?

2 comments:

Cooks said...

Any tips?YES, let me do the cooking for you next time :-) Seriously though, if you get any good 'don't stress, relax' tips do share. I can use 'm too!

fenneke said...

ehm... chamomile tea? works with me, even though i sometimes suspect it to be a placebo thing. hmm, what else... cooking usually is sth that gets me relaxed, so that's not really helping here... maybe we could cook together sometime? cakes/indian/indonesian/etc... oh and reading the entire saturday paper while enjoying a cup of cocoa always works for me. oh and how about this one: you could start doing shoudou again, that practically forces you to be calm, relaxed and focused on only one thing (and thus forget about all the rest). good luck!