February 23, 2006

I'd rather live in: Amsterdam (part 1)

Hmm, I think I'm better off just moving to Amsterdam altogether (if only I could!). Haven't been there for a while but currently in the next week I have the following:

- dinner with J., who I haven't seen since Barcelona. But dinner might possibly change into going to the theater for the play Madame de Sade which is opening this weekend.

- a night out with Cheruchan to the jazz venue Bimhuis. Neither of us knows anything about jazz, but that's exactly why we want to check it out.

- Japanese literature and modern theater discussed at the city theater. This should be especially interesting if we do end up going to the play tomorrow night.

- and a full day for wandering around the city on Wednesday! Suggestions please :)
I have a university appointment in the middle of the day but am thinking of the Henri Cartier-Bresson exhibition and coffee with fellow-bloggers at the very least.

And yeah, I'll stop my complaints about having no money. It's not very credible when I go on like this, huh... Which actually means I should go and see the Reduced Shakespeare Company next week too, I think ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been to De Nieuwe kerk for the Indonesia exhibition last Wednesday. It's cool, like the film showing there especially. more check--www.nieuwekerk.nl

machiruda said...

Hmm, I am thinking about going there some time but that will probably be a bit later as it's still on for a long time.

I actually heard some negative reviews about it. I've heard that it doesn't really give a lot of background to the displays and such.