July 09, 2005

宇治抹茶 - KitKat adventures

Update: I realized I hadn't told you yet what I thought of this new KitKat. Not bad at all! Surprisingly... You hardly taste the azuki-bean-stuff (which is a good thing) and the rest just mostly tastes like green tea chocolate. So, what else is new... Fact of life in Japan. If you live here, you need to be able to eat anything with green tea flavour!

Speaking of which, I have never really tried the green tea soft icecream. Nor the green tea Haagen Dasz (sp?). The other day I came across a very weird flavour though: soba-flavour soft ice! Bizarre.

Original (02/07)



Another foodpost. KitKat has been trying to be inventive in Japan this year. So far I've seen green-tea-KitKat, white-chocolate-KitKat, cafe-latte-KitKat, and this is the latest: kakikoori-KitKat. KitKat with the taste of kakikori (crushed ice, I think) with green tea, azuki red beans and milk... Without the KitKat, it's a popular summer treat. Haven't tried it yet. I'm a bit hesitant about this particular flavour but will get back to you!

1 comment:

Jo said...

green tea haagen dasz is quite nice actually. put it on your list of things to do this week!