March 29, 2008

Caved in

I promised myself a few months ago that I needed to stop buying books for a while because of the ever-increasing stack of unread books on my shelf. Plus all the books that I borrow from friends.

It had been going pretty well, slowly moving through that stack, and keeping away from bookshops. Until last week.

I am now the proud owner of Colin Thubron's Shadow of the Silk Road, which had been on my wishlist for a while, and De Russische Kater by Laura Starink - after having seen her speak in a very interesting debate on contemporary Russian politics a few weeks ago.

I vaguely remember claiming that my Russia-fascination would be done with after my last trip to Russia exactly a year ago. I guess that hasn't happened huh. Oh well. Am now off to Amsterdam to see a documentary on Anna Politkovskaya to keep up the theme.

2 comments:

Cooks said...

I'm like that with cook books, hopeless!

TessaJ said...

Geez, I am so like that. I keep buying titles that people suggest to me (or that I read about in a magazine) and they just stack up and up and up. Some day (maybe when I retire) I'm bound to get through the stacks.