October 15, 2005

Tag! You're it

So, I've been tagged. Thanks Jules, I think... ;)

Anyway, five random things about me. Let me think…

1) I have lived in 6 different houses over the past 8 years…. That is too many! Let’s hope I can stick with my new house for a while after next month.

2) I seem to have a very selective memory. I love being able to speak different languages but I seem to have forgotten how I get to that stage of being able to speak those relatively fluently! In my new challenge of re-freshing and re-learning French I am completely frustrated by not being able to just, you know, speak. I can’t stand it! But, the years of struggle with English and Japanese have mysteriously disappeared from my memory as I can’t remember how I got through that period with those languages…. Gah.

3) I’m going to Barcelona! Woohoo!
Okay, it’s only for two nights and not until January but: Yay! I’m going to Barcelona!

4) I can’t imagine what my life will be like in a year’s time at all, and I love it. Thinking back, ever since I was 16 or so things have always had a way of working out really well but never in the way I expected. I suppose it started with deciding to go abroad at 16. That is still the best decision I’ve made so far. I have come so much further than I had expected, and it feels as if I’m still just at the beginning! I have no doubt that none of these things in the past years would have happened if I would have stayed home at that time. And I’m confident that that way of having things work itself out will continue on from now, where ever that will take me.

5) My brother and I don’t get along at all. However, there’s a tiny little bit of progress: he’s asked me for advice on his thesis! This was done through chat, and we will have to see how the actual conversation will go but he seemed really happy that I agreed to talk to him about it. Now to get him to do what I will tell him to…

Next up, I’m tagging Daniel, Jeff, aanknopingspunt and Kana. Enjoy guys!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Where did you go when you were 16?

machiruda said...

Actually: Oz! Spent an amazing year in Hobart, of all places.