October 16, 2005

Energy Convention Groningen 2005

I just came across an announcement for the Energy Convention in Groningen at the end of this month. It sounds as if they are hosting some interesting workshops on energy and geopolitics. Could be an interesting couple of days.
But, not really something for me to go to, while I'm not professionally involved in any energy issues of course.

However, it gives a long list of participants and so on which is handy for job applications! Finally some more leads on where to send my CV to. I'm really not enjoying this period of jobhunting and getting rejected every time - not surprising, to be honest, as hardly any of the applications so far were to vacancies that matched up well with my CV. So, let's hope this will bring some more success.
(and no, I still haven't heard back from amazing job nr. 2 that I posted about earlier... grrr...)

4 comments:

Jules said...

Are there any evening events you could go along to, just as an opportunity to network?

And yup, I know what you mean about the job application thing... currently going through that myself (and waiting to hear back on one job in particular). Its not fun at all, but I guess you just gotta keep putting your CV out there.

machiruda said...

Hmm, hadn't thought about it like that yet. Unfortunately the whole event is on the other side of the country which makes it a bit difficult. Although I might be able to find some people I know who are going (or at least, who have contacts there...).

Good luck on your job application, hope you hear some positive news soon!

Jules said...

"Unfortunately the whole event is on the other side of the country" - you live in Holland!! How far can the "other side of the country" be???

(yes, its called Geographical Envy, given how far "the other side of the country" is here in Australia!!)

machiruda said...

Okay, you have a point there. Still, three hours to get there is a long way! Although my sense of distance also shifts depending on the country that I am in.

Eg, in Osaka&Tokyo, it wasn't uncommon to have to travel 1-1,5 hours for an appointment... here you would start to consider an overnight trip for that distance!