February 07, 2005

Japan - discrimination, soccer, immigration etc...

A few quick links that I've come across:

Rogue's Gallery
Just an example of how multi-cultural this country isn't!
(although, not to get this out of proportion, I've never see this, and I'm sure this happens in plenty of other countries, albeit not so openly)
I actually borrowed this information from Kana's site, which is quite interesting also :)

And, well, an example of how sports can turn into politics. Japan is playing North Korea tomorrow night in Saitama.... All hell will break loose here if the Japanese won't win. Obviously.
Japan is getting ready though...
More news after tomorrow. Despite not being a fan of soccer, I will be watching the game. Am quite curious what the coverage will be like here!

1 comment:

Dr. Kananga said...

Thanks for finding such an interesting link. Hadn't realised the extent of 'gaijin sensitivity' in Japan.