December 05, 2010

Hauschka


on the beach
Originally uploaded by macchi.


At the beginning of September, I spent a weekend on the Dutch island of Vlieland. It was for me the first time to go there which was a good reason in itself. But the main reason was the Into The Great Wide Open festival. Fantastic weather, great atmosphere and some really good music. We've already booked accomodation next year! (now to get the tickets for the festival itself though...)

Anyway, why write about this now?

I just stumbled across a fascinating string of video's from one of the most surprising performances at the festival - Hauschka. He does amazing things on the piano. In fact, things you would not dream of doing to your own piano!

Have a look at this:



It's only making me more excited about the prospect of possibly having a piano in my house as well sometime in the next few months. Looking forward to playing again!

No comments: