December 03, 2008

Balance

I don't write about my work that much here, in contrast to what I used to post about 1,5 years ago and before. That's mostly because it's going annoyingly well so it'd get very boring to write about.

I am still really enjoying what I do, I meet very interesting people, the work is very diverse and an increasingly large part of it is challenging me more and more (because I'm taking on more complex tasks).

It also means that at the moment I have a very heavy workload, but that's okay. Mostly because I can't decide what part of it to cut off. That, of course, means I'm making long days, hectic days, stressful hours behind the computer trying to figure out where to start on my to do lists, and rushing from one meeting to the next. It's not helping that at the moment my colleague who I do part of the work together with is mostly out of the office due to personal reasons.

Despite all the above, I get rewarded for it as well - and it's absolutely starting to pay off. Which is great and makes it worth it as well.

But it's becoming harder to keep a balance between work and personal life. Maybe this is also partly because of the dark days and the dreary weather. But it's difficult being in time to meet a friend after a day of work. I've quit a course I loved because it just became impossible to combine.

My job isn't even as hectic and chaotic as some others I know, and I'm happy that I have the flexibility to be able to focus on it for now. Life is better than ever which is great. But still.

Then again, maybe I just need a holiday - hopefully in January!

[hm, this turned into babbling, sorry!]

1 comment:

Cooks said...

no problem if the babling is about good stuff and it seems like you are really settling into your work routine. just make sure there's enough down time!