October 11, 2008

Pretty Cool People Interviews: Miranda July

For today's birthday friend I got Miranda July's collection of short stories No one belongs here more than you, a book I found for myself about a year ago and which I had to buy instantly. Miranda July is also the director of the movie 'Me And You And Everyone We Know' - a movie I completely loved, and so I couldn't leave the book in the shop. And it seemed like the perfect book for today's friend.

July seems to be a truly creative spirit and I love how she makes very ordinary situations very unordinary, in her movies, her books and her other projects. One of which I learned about today when a fellow-fan saw the book I got.

This project (Learning To Love You More)is discussed in the video. It looks like so much fun. Go watch it, and go read the book and go see the movie.

No comments: