January 11, 2005

Tokyo... the big mikan

I'm finally here. Tokyo... one of the world's largest cities. And, strangely enough, it feels pretty normal! I've had my first onigiri and kaitensushi. Have been stared at by silly Japanese people. Have been bothered by Japanese trying out their English. Have been amazed at Japanese tv. In other words, this city is still the same as last time ;)
On a more serious note, I've also visited my future working place. Wow... pretty amazing building, everything's there including a swimming pool. Yay! My work will be partly research (and here I was, thinking I'd never ever have to do that again!) but sounds interesting and of course I get to do other stuff as well.
Anyways, only one free day left before I start my life as a 社会人 [shakaijin = 'society person'/that period in life in which you have a job and therefore are considered an official part of society]!
All I need now is a keitai...

A good start of 2005, which was starting off much better than expected in all respects already!

byebye!

No comments: