August 24, 2005

Niger adventures

No, don't worry. It's not me going to Niger. I think that at this time that is a good thing.

I was just thinking that my friends tend to be quite adventurous. Very good of course.

A Japanese friend is currently in Niger for her work. She is by herself and attempting to make a documentary about the famine in the country. It is her first time in a third world country so I'm sure it'll be quite a culture shock!
I had an email from her today saying that she was doing well and adjusting. And she'll be seeing Kofi Annan at a press conference soon!

Anyways, good luck to her! I definitely want to see the final documentary.

On a sidenote, it is good to see that there is actually some interest in Africa among Japanese. It is sometimes shocking to see the lack of knowledge (and interest, for that matter) among the general public. Well, I guess that doesn't only apply to Japan though...

No comments: